If You are going through difficult times, you are not alone.
WHO WE ARE
If you are going through difficult times, you are not alone. Everyone experiences difficult times once in a while.
We can support you by providing:
• A safe place to unwind and think
• Someone who will listen to you in confidence and without judgement
• Information about other organisations
• A chance to meet others.
Comments from professionals about the service Space provides
What can you expect from Space?
There is no fixed charge but, if you are able, we do ask you to make a donation.
To provide support and care to adults in Aylesbury Vale going through difficult times for whatever reason(s).
- Group drop-ins, in person and online.
- An affordable one to one counselling service.
- A weekly outdoor meet-up (weather permitting).
- A weekly walking group & weekly art group.
- Surplus food distribution.
- Ad-hoc webinars.
- Opportunities to volunteer.
- Support calls
- To increase beneficiaries overall wellbeing (mental, physical, emotional, spiritual).
- To reduce beneficiaries social isolation.
- To increase beneficiaries confidence and independence.
- To give opportunities to (re)gain life skills that can result in future volunteering and paid employment.
So we are a charity. Space is open to all regardless of faith, age, sex, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Space first started in 1987 with one Sunday drop-in at St. Mary’s Church. It has grown organically and in response to the need presented. In 2017 we were awarded a Dignity and Respect Award by Buckinghamshire County Council. In the same year we were the Aylesbury Town Mayor’s ‘charity’ of the year. In 2018 we became a registered charity.